Thursday, January 17, 2008

asdf #5

I forgot to put this up but yesterday (01.16) is the late R&B artist, Aaliyah's birthday. She would've been 29 and were she still here, one of pop cultures biggest acts.



Happy Birthday Babygirl.


----

If y'all haven't heard, CHUD.com is reporting that Karen O. of the Yeah Yeah Yeah's is "contributing songs and other pieces of music" for Spike Jonze's big screen adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are.

Didn't see that coming, but damn if that's doesn't sound pleasing. I was never really into the Yeah Yeah Yeah's even though everyone would come and tell me. But since Rock Band, "Maps" has turned into one of my favorite joints, PERIOD.



Hopefully the movie comes out sooner than later!

----

Speaking of Rock Band, the latest XBox DLC update (week of 01/14) has three new songs at $1.99 (160 Micrsoft Points) each. They are:

- "Action" made famous by Sweet (cover) - "Last Train to Clarksville" made famous by the Monkees (cover) - "All the Small Things" by Blink 182

I was wondering when some Blink was going to get up.

I also started another profile, where I'll be singing and playing guitar the entire tour. I need my mic stand from home though- I'm dealing with some ghetto shit:

----

As I promised before around Christmas time, Little Brother decided to give fans a introspective look at their latest release Getback by posting a series of blogs entitled "The Twelve Days of Getback". It was basically Getback 0.5 or Getback (beta). Haha.



Phonte would put up some story with pictures and/or video and a corresponding song from the folks who helped create the album.

Click this laink to get dem joints!

Click here to read the blogs!

I'm telling you now, if you're not subscribing to their MySpace blog, you're missing on some dope stories.

----

Fans of The Procussions- I guess they are no more. A bulletin from their MySpace profile reads:

"
From: The Procussions



Date: Jan 17, 2008 11:21 PM
Subject: Procussions are no more.
Body: with everything we could say about the industry, the point is, piracy will destroy an independent's career.

we want to thank everyone who actually invested in this group and helped it too its last breath! we owe you so much! thats why Stro and I will do our best to carry on our solo careers and work together when possible.

but.

theprocussions have been inevitably shipwrecked, blows taken in the lower deck from the most fierce of all pirates.

love you guys and gals!
"

Sad times. Please do yourself a favor at check out 5 Sparrows For 2 Cents and As Iron Sharpens Iron.

----

Now I'm off to see the midnight showing of CLOVERFIELD at the Cinerama! Review to follow soon!

0 comments: