Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Band: Boyce Avenue

Upon 'discovering' something on the internet, I've never really been one to lay claim to it by saying screaming 'I saw it first!' It could probably be due to the fact that there aren't too many things that I'd be so proud of that would illicit such a response.

I'm usually randomly going through youtube videos (who isn't), looking for music videos, covers, and nostalgic 80s videos, when my friend Lamberto sent me a link to Boyce Avenue's cover of Rihanna's "Umbrella". Now I know this song is beyond played out/annoying/what have you, I felt the very same way but upon hearing the lead man's voice and guitar, I was blown away. And in typical youtube fashion and various gateway drugs, one led to another one and to another and another until I found myself subscribe to their account or whatever.

Boyce Avenue's covers are what got me hooked to them, but after running out of covers to entertain me, I turned to their original pieces, which I found to quite good if you like rock music.


Boyce Avenue's All the While [original]
Chris Brown's With You [cover]

0 comments: