Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Breaking the Cloverfield Funk

So There has been Cloverfield post after Cloverfield post so I am going to try and change that up, even though I came on here to post about Cloverfield. I caught it at the Cinerama on Thursday and just decided what I wanted to say about it, but I will be back for that. I will have a full review in the next week. I am going to throw a little bit of science at you...

If you aren't familiar with TED Talks, you should be. TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is an annual convention that brings together some of the greatest minds in these categories and then some. It really is fascinating and a ton of fun to go through the clips they offer on the site. There is a plethora of information available and should not be passed up. Carolyn Porco is a planetary scientist working on the Cassini project which sent a spacecraft to Saturn to take photos of Saturn and it's moons, as well as land on Titan, one of it's moons which is a body which has geographical bodies that resembles those of Earth. Cassini's research has produced some of the greatest breakthroughs in Astronomy in the last decade, as well as producing some of the most beautiful pictures ever...
That is a total eclipse of the sun from Saturn. I just thought this was one of the most interesting things I have seen in a very long time and I felt like sharing this with all of you. Go check out TED Talks, browse the videos and tell me what you found interesting so I can go watch more. Here is the Cassini discussion.


On another note my insomnia is in full swing right now and my music tastes is all up in a funk. I fell out of my hip hop rut and I am listening to a whole lot of random and my taste is very confused. Jebus Christ man, I am listening to Tegan & Sara- this just doesn't seem right. I guess I am floating around a lot of female vocalists: Bjork, Sugarcubes, Tegan & Sara, Joanna Newsom, Cat Power, etc. If you have some recommendations for weird and interesting female vocals or something along the weird and interesting, please post them to the comments. I think my mind just needs a jump start with some experimental sounds. Check out Joanna Newsom. She has a childish and haunting voice and plays a mean harp.

I really just wanted an excuse to say "plays a mean harp".

0 comments: