Thursday, March 6, 2008

360 slim?...Fez gameplay...Pandora

So it's been a while since I have posted anything, and for that I apologize. But here we go.

I was stumbling around and started running through different versions of the song "Still Alive" from Portal and came across the writer of that song, Jonathan Coulton, performing the song on Rock Band at a Valve party. Yes the video is pretty cool, especially how the crowd sets off the overdrive with their cheers, but what really intrigued me is what I saw at around 15 seconds. Pause the video and take a good look. It looks like new XBOX 360. It looks a little smaller and more slimlined. I don't know if I am just seeing things or if this is a new version yet to be announced. See for yourself and tell me what you think.



I also came acroos a gameplay trailer for a new game coming out called Fez. It was shown at GDC and this really blew me away. The first 45 seconds of gameplay looks very of the norm, but after you see what it's really about, it will blow you away. They use the integration of a 2D frame a 3D frame more so than even Super Paper Mario. Rather than really interacting with the 3D realm you just use the difference of perspective to adjust where you are on the plane. Very interesting and I can't wait to play.



On another note I am in love with Pandora internet radio. Lately I have been in a musical funk, not knowing exactly what I want to listen to and it turns out internet radio was the cure. Just type in an artist you are thinking about and they go from there. They will run through an engine that has been created by tons of music lovers and plays music based on everyones feedback. I type in Danger Doom and they started off with with Blackalicious and justify their choice by saying that they are playing music with both east and west coast rap influences, R&B as well as funk roots, and swinging hooks. There is nothing better than internet radio that justifies it's choices. You can tell it what you don't like and what you do like and it adjusts itself accordingly. Very accurate and very pleasing to the ears. Do try considering it is completely free.

0 comments: